Rocky Top Pet Services provides pet sitting, dog walking, and dog boarding for the following cities: Maryville, Alcoa, Louisville, Friendsville, and Greenback.
How does pet sitting work?
- Once you contact us, we schedule a “Meet & Greet” session at your home
- During this session we meet with you and your pet(s) so our first pet sitting/dog walking visit will not be the first time your pet(s) meet us
- We will show proof of certifications (Insurance and Bonding, Business License, and Background Checks)
- Discuss your pet(s) routine and needs during our visits as well as how many visits a day you will require
- We will explain what to expect during our pet sitting/dog walking visits
- Schedule your visit dates
- Sign Rocky Top Pet Services Contract
- Obtain a key or other way of entry into your home
Is in-home pet care better than boarding my pet?
- Some dogs and cats may enjoy socializing with other pets however, some do not. They also enjoy their familiar surroundings, smells and routine that their home offers.
- In-home pet care also eliminates exposure to other pet illnesses
- In so many words, “there is no place like home”
What are the times of day you arrive for pet sitting visits and the duration?
- Morning- 7:00am-9:30am
- Midday- 11:00am-2:00pm
- Dinner- 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Evening- 7:00pm-9:00pm
- We keep our visits in a window of time due to client needs, emergencies and logistics. All visits are for 30 minutes unless additional time is discussed with client prior to scheduled service
How much advance notice is required for reservations and what is your cancellation policy?
- Workdays- 2 days in advance
- Weekends- 3 days in advance
- Holidays- 1-2 weeks in advance
- Last minute reservations may incur an additional same day booking fee
- There is no cancellation fee with 48 hours’ notice
What is your policy for pet sitting and dog walking during inclement weather?
We drive 4-wheel vehicles (Jeep) so that we can reach your pet(s) during bad weather. We do advise you to contact a neighbor before you leave should weather be so severe that it hinders our ability to reach your home in a timely manner. If your neighbor is unavailable, we will contact your emergency contact person.
Will I always have the same pet sitter/dog walker?
- Currently my daughter, Ashley Garrett, works with me when needed. However, I have relationships with local professional pet sitters should I become ill or incapacitated.
- During our busy times I have hired part time help to ensure all client needs are met. I will always put out a notice when someone new joins our team and give you the opportunity to meet with them.
What services do you offer?
Dog Walking, Pet Sitting Visits, and small breed boarding in our home
What areas do you service?
- Maryville, Alcoa, Friendsville, Louisville, Greenback
Should I do anything upon my return home?
- At the conclusion of a pet sitting assignment, please text us to let us know of your arrival 865-255-5858 this will ensure continued care for your pet(s) in the event you are unable to return at the scheduled time
- If we do not hear from you within 6 hours of your scheduled return, we will assume you are delayed, and services will be continued until we have contacted you. You will be billed for additional visits at the standard rate.
How do I pay for your services?
- We accept cash, check, PayPal and credit cards.
- Please make checks payable to Rocky Top Pet Services
- PayPal and credit cards can be paid through the Time to Pet Portal.
- Payment is due prior to service or once service is completed.
- Gratuity is not expected but appreciated